Your data privacy is of the highest importance to us. We’re committed to protecting the privacy of all users of our website kio-cards.co.uk and want to be as open as we can about our processing of your personal information. Rest assured that any personal information you share with us is in safe hands and will never, ever be sold on to other companies. Please read on for detailed information about what data is collected when you use our website and how that data is processed.
Who is the controller of your personal data?
How do we collect your information?
We collect your personal information when you interact with us and use our services, such as when you purchase a product from us. We also look at how visitors and customers use our website, to help us improve our services and to optimise customer experience.
We collect information:
- When you browse and use our website
- When you place an order with us and during the order process (including for payment)
- When you create an account with us or change your account settings
- When you leave a review of our products
- When you contact us directly via our contact form, by email or post
- When you subscribe to our mailing list
- We also collect information from our third party partners. These partners are Paypal, Braintree, Google Analytics, MailChimp and Facebook.
What information do we collect from you?
When you use our website we may collect the following information:
- Contact information such as your name, billing and delivery address, email address and telephone number
- Order information
- Payment information
- Technical information from your computer or mobile device, such as its operating system, the device and connection type and the IP address from which you are accessing our website
Why and how do we use your information?
We’ll only process the data we collect about you when there’s a reason for doing so, and if that reason is permitted under data protection law. These reasons include:
1. If we need to process your information to be able to provide you with the service you have requested or to enter into a contract, for instance when you make an order with us. We use your information:
a. To enable us to provide you with access to the relevant parts of our website
b. To supply you with the services you have requested
c. To enable us to collect payment from you
d. To contact you where necessary regarding our services
2. When we have your consent, for example when you have opted-in to receiving our newsletter.
3. If we have a justifiable reason for processing your data, to pursue our legitimate interests as part of running our business. Reasons include:
a. To improve the quality of our service and to optimise customer experience
b. To analyse your activity on our website so that we can develop and improve our business, for statistical and analytical purposes and to help us prevent fraud
c. To be able to fulfil our contractual terms with you and any other agreement, for the defence of legal claims and to protect the rights of KIO Cards and others
4. If we are under a legal obligation to process your data, we may use your information to:
a. Create a record of your order(s) with us
b. Comply with any regulatory requirements or legal obligations to which we are subject to
When you make an order through our website, you will be asked to provide personal information so that we can process and fulfil your order with us.
- Your order information is needed so that we know what it is that have purchased from us.
- Your contact information is needed so that we can know who has made the purchase, where and to whom the order should be posted to, to send you notifications of your order and delivery status and to be able to contact you should any problems arise with the processing of your order.
- Your payment information is used to take payment from you for your purchase with us, to give refunds and to help detect and prevent fraud. All payments are made securely using either Paypal or Braintree. These are secure online payment gateways that encrypt your personal details using SSL technology to keep them safe. We do not receive any debit or credit card information from you and your payment details are not stored on our website.
- To deliver your order to you, we the Royal Mail postal service. The delivery address you provide to us will be shared with them to enable us to fulfil your order.
When you submit a question to us via our contact form, your personal information will only be used by us to reply to your query.
If you have given us your consent, or where we have a justifiable reason for doing so (and are permitted to do so by law) we will use your information to contact you via email to let you know about our other products and services that may be of interest to you.
- We will only send your our newsletter if you have opted-in to be included on our mailing list. When you choose to subscribe to our newsletter, you will only ever receive emails from us, and each email you receive will contain a very clear option for you to unsubscribe (displayed in the footer). You are also welcome to contact us at any time with your request to unsubscribe and we will delete you from our mailing list.
- We use MailChimp as our email marketing service provider as they are an industry leader in secure email management. Here certain personal information is stored, such as your name and email address, purchase history, whether you opened the email and if you clicked on a link within the email.
- Sometimes we may use information related to your purchase history or items you have had in your cart to help us improve our knowledge of the types of products that you like, so that we can have a better idea of the type of emails you may be interested in receiving. If you object to this profiling analysis, please let us know and we will stop processing your data in this way.
Your browsing data allows us to see which pages you've visited on our website.
- We use this data to help us better understand our customers' needs and likes so that we can improve our website, products and services to help us provide an overall better customer experience. This data also helps us to identify and prevent fraud, and to ensure that our site is secure as possible.
- Collected and stored by our third party partners, this information is anonymised and aggregated so the data cannot be linked directly to you. For example, Google Analytics will let us see how visits there has been to a particular page on our website, but we will not be able to see who has visited that page.
Who has access to your personal data?
We will never pass on or sell your data for marketing purposes.
- Your data is only shared with third parties who help us provide our services to you, such as our website host, payment service provider, delivery courier, email marketing service, cloud data storage provider and web analytics service. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely when it’s shared with third parties.
- We may also share your information if we are under a duty to disclose information in order to comply with (and/or we believe we are under a duty to comply with) any legal obligations or regulatory requirements. For example, the purposes of:
a. Fraud protection and prevention
b. To protect the rights of KIO Cards
c. In order to enforce our contractual terms with you and any other agreement
Please be aware that many of these third party companies have an independent right or obligation to process your personal data.
How long do we keep your information?
We won’t keep your information for any longer than we think it necessary to. Your information will be retained for as long as it is needed to fulfil the purposes outlined in the ‘Why and how do we use your information?’ section above, in accordance with our legitimate interests or for a period required by applicable laws or regulations
How is your data secured?
We protect your information by having SSL security installed on our website (that's the green padlock you can see next to our web address). This ensures that your personal information (eg. passwords and card numbers) is kept private when you use our website. We will take all reasonable steps and security features to protect your information from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, damage or destruction. Unfortunately though, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot 100% guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website. Any transmission is at your own risk.
Do you have to provide this data?
What are your rights?
If you live in the UK or the EU, you have legal rights to your data that include:
- Right to access: You may contact us at any time to request information about the personal data that we have relating to you, and to get a copy of the personal data that you have submitted to us.
- Right to rectification: You are entitled to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can request that we correct any errors in information that we hold about you by contacting us.
- Right to restrict or delete: You have the right to ask us to restrict processing your information or to request the deletion of your personal data, except for situations where we need the data for legal reasons or for reasons that are within our legitimate interest. These include: an ongoing matter with Customer Service, an open order that has not yet been delivered, an unsettled debt with us or if you have made a purchase with us we will need to keep your data in connection to your transaction for our bookkeeping purposes.
- Right to withdraw consent: If you’ve given your consent to anything we do with your information (ie. Where we rely on your consent as a legal basis for processing your information) you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us. However, withdrawing consent will not make unlawful our use of your information while consent had been apparent.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing used for profiling and direct marketing. You can object by disabling cookies in your browser, and you are welcome to unsubscribe from our promotional emails at any time by clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link displayed in the footer of each email, or by contacting us.
- Right to complain: If wish to raise a concern about our use of your personal information, you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority. We would be grateful if you contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact details below.
KIO Cards Ltd.
Registered in England and Wales. Company Number: 10864570
KIO Cards, 29 Sandringham Court, Sandringham Drive, Leeds, LS17 8UJ